Should I go for a CA after 12th?
The best time to start CA is immediately after finishing class 12. However, many students join CA after completion of graduation.
I have briefly summarised the pros and cons of both of joining class after class 12.
1. The syllabus of B. Com (all three years) is exactly the same as in CA Foundation and CA intermediate.
2. The coverage in CA is more in depth and helps students to score good marks in B. Com for all common subjects including costing, accounts, tax and corporate law to name a few.
3. There are many colleges in Bangalore which are either tied up with coaching institutions like NorthStar Academy, Bangalore is tied up with Kristu Jayanti College or provides coaching in house like Christ University. So you don’t need to worry about travelling and college compulsory attendance.
4. Many colleges, especially the autonomous colleges in Bangalore provides exemptions from attendance if they join for internship after passing the CA Intermediate examinations.
5. And lastly, you start earning your own pocket money and loads of practical knowledge and experience during internship/ articleship by the time you reach the end of second year or early third year.
You come out as successful Chartered Accountants quite early in life by around 23.
You almost save three critical years of your life and pursue your passion in other fields or pursue MBA in finance and have a robust career ahead of you.
Though I really can’t find cons, but you need to put in extra efforts to manage both.
Managing time may become difficult but definitely not impossible.
Some colleges may not provide exemptions from attendance for joining articleship.