Certified Management Accountant
CMA USA (Certified Management Accountant) is the highest level of professional certification in Management Accounting and Financial Management fields awarded by the globally recognized U.S based Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
The CMA is an advanced level certification course and offers wide ranging career options in the areas of financial planning, analysis, control, decision making and professional ethics.
Work at organizations of all sizes, industries and types, including
Financial services and Advisory firms
Public and Private enterprises
Government entities and multinational corporations.
US CMA Qualification – Advantages
- Worldwide exposure improves professional competencies, promotes career progression and movement across business areas.
- Hired in positions that require critical accounting and financial management skills.
- Globally recognized and facilitates practice anywhere internationally ranging from countries such as the United States of America to Europe, Middle-east, China, India and more.
- Significantly higher average earnings per year than non-certified peers.
- Single level exam with just 2 exam papers, computer based Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Essay formats help in higher pass rates.
- Short Course duration of 6 months subject to criteria.
- Cost effective course with a modest investment of upto INR 100K to acquire a globally recognized designation.
- Gateway to CPA (USA), ACCA, Global MBA etc.
CMA Course Syllabus
Part 1 – Financial Reporting, Planning, Performance, and Control
- External financial reporting decisions (15%)
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting (30%)
- Performance management (20%)
- Cost management (20%)
- Internal controls (15%)
Part 2 – Financial Decision
- Financial statement analysis (25%)
- Corporate finance (20%)
- Decision analysis (20%)
- Risk management (10%)
- Investment decisions (15%)
- Professional ethics (10%)
Successful completion of PUC OR 10+2 is eligible for enrolment. However, the student must obtain a graduation degree within 7 years of the date of passing the CMA exam.
Successful completion of Graduate degree.
CMA Exam is a two part online computerised exam that must be passed as a prerequisite to earning a CMA designation.
Candidates are given three years from registration to pass both parts of the exam. The question paper is for 500 marks and carries 100 multiple choice questions (MCQs’) (3 hours) and two essay type questions to be answered in 30 minutes each (Total 4 Hours per part).
The criteria applies for both Part 1 and 2. Exams are scored on a scale of 0 – 500 and a score of 360 represents the minimum passing scaled score.
US CMA Examination Schedule
The exams are held during three testing window periods, being: January/February, May/June and September/October.
Students have the option to take up both parts together or any one part as per their choice at each examination window.
NSA Batches for CMA
NSA runs three batches of CMA USA Course in a year. The following are the batches details
- February Enrollment dates- January 1 to January 31
- June Enrollment dates- May 1 to May 31
- October Enrollment dates- September 1 to September 30
Comparison Between US CMA and Indian CMA
The US CMA certification is accorded by the IMA and the course is being offered since 1972. In India, the content is regularly reviewed by the Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA).
|Credentials issued by||IMA (Institute of Management Accountants), US||The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (formerly ICWAI), India|
|Course Duration||6 months||3-4 years|
|Approximate Cost(Training + Examination)||INR 120k – 150k||INR 100k|
|Academics||2 papers, single-level exams||20 papers, 3-level exams|
Best Academy for CMA US is NorthStar Academy, the way Irfat sir teaches is excellent. His example is awesome, I am enlightened with the knowledge. Thank you NorthStar
After working for 2 years in corporate, I never thought I would be able to concentrate in classes & will be able to study. But one class gave me strength that YES I WILL be able to study & achieve my goal.
The classes will be so lively with examples on topics that it makes you feel that the subject is actually not difficult and you will end up by loving the subject.
Anybody who attend Irfat Sir’s classes would never say “Costing & Management Accounting” is a difficult subject. He teaches in such a simple way that my notion on Costing and Ratio Analysis being the toughest and boring subject changed into an easier and an interesting subject.